Thursday, March 19, 2009

Being poor, and training hard....

I know....We are all poor. The economy is just in the can, and there is little we can do about it.
I trained last night with Coach C, and our basement gym was flooded with water. We said F-it and trained anyway.
That is the way it has to be. Period.
Do we currently have people busting down the door to train in our wet basement gym....Nope. Do we think a nice fancy gym would get us more clients...Yup. Do we give up because of people's misguided understanding of what a gym should be....HELL NO!
We train. We promote. We hustle our asses off....Bottom line.
Trust me...I would love to have a nicer place, with high ceilings, and a ton of clients, somewhere in town where people could actually SEE us. But can I have it now....Not without getting a loan, or an investor who would most likely make the decisions for our business rather than let us run things the way we want. Frankly, I don't need another boss....I've got one already, and I hate it.
The thing is....Even though we are poor, and have a basement to train people out of, does not mean that we let ourselves die...That we let ourselves give in to the depressing mood of today's economy. You have got to stand up, and keep moving forward, no matter how tough it gets, no matter how poor you are, failure is something that happens to everyone. It's what you do after you fail that matters.

I think this quote from the movie "Rocky Balboa" says it all....

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
Rocky Balboa

Do I get discouraged by not having what I want...Right now....Your damn right I do...Some days you just want to pack it in. You think that trying to start up a fitness facility is just a dream that will never happen, that it is taking too long, that you don't have the money....Well, I can cry over it, or I can suck it up and keep moving forward, just like Rocky said. I can't go any lower in the fitness biz, so what do I have to worry about? Nothing..... All I need to do, is just train hard, work hard at getting the word out, and eventually, something will happen, and if it doesn't, I just have to keep working until it does, no matter how long it takes.

The bottom line is this....
It is easy to give up, to quite.

It is damned hard to keep fighting.

But it is your life that you are fighting for....

So you better damn well give it all you've got, `cause it isn't going to get any better if you just lay down and die, its just gonna end.

Here is what I want to say to all of you out there that are struggling to keep it together. That are living paycheck to paycheck. That want something more from this life than you already have...

Keep the dream alive! Keep fighting no matter what. And if you fall, get back up and go back at it harder than before.

Never back down and never give in.

If you want to get in shape, but can't do it by going to a gym....Give us a call, we can come to you. We can be your support, and you can be ours. We are the Wicked Iron Underground.

Take care all!

Coach B
WIU

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Wicked Iron Underground by Jason J. Burgess & Dan Colageo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.